This full-time role will be based out of either the Thompson or Winnipeg office.
Are you a mental health, wellness or crisis professional, spiritual or Indigenous Knowledge Keeper or maybe a
psychologist, social worker or psychiatric nurse who is seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in the
lives of Indigenous people at times of crisis?
Are you willing to travel to remote, rural, and fly-in First Nations throughout Manitoba? If so, let’s talk!
• You will be part of the MKO Mobile Crisis Response Team
• You will work with others who are dedicated to work which has real value and meaning in the lives of others
• You will apply your education, skills, talents, and passion for the benefit of others while learning from the expertise of your team
• You will enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing your work is much more than just a job
As a Mobile Crisis Response team member, you will:
• Provide culturally sensitive and safe crisis intervention and trauma support in the priority area of suicide or other
tragic loss of life
• Deploy to remote, rural, and fly-in communities throughout Manitoba, usually for up to three days on short notice
• Provide an organized crisis response with support services to those impacted in the community
• Work as part of a dedicated regional team
• Contribute to a broader strategy to strengthen relationships and provide greater capacity within First Nations to respond locally to crisis
• Traditional healing practices as an Indigenous Knowledge Keeper or Elder or have a degree in related social
sciences, social work, or health-related post-secondary education
• 3-5 years of experience working in a mental wellness crisis response environment
• Proficient computer skills
• A valid driver’s license
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language, and issues relevant to Indigenous communities
• A willingness to travel
• A satisfactory background check
Preference will be given to those who speak or understand an Indigenous language.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume and cover letter by 4:00 PM on October 4, 2019, to:
Dorothy Smith at [email protected]