The Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. Client Navigator is to provide access to health services to registered First Nations and Inuit members who are experiencing difficulties with the Non Insured Health Benefits and other related provincial/territorial programs and services.
To improve access to health services delivery for members seeking medical care while in transit or to
acquire supplies and equipment.
- Serve as first point of contact for communities, organizations and individuals for the purpose of facilitating access to the NIHB program and provide support for NIHB denials and appeals;
- Collaborate with NIHB Regional Office (FNIHB) on programs, projects and initiatives that would improve awareness and access to the NIHB Program and better integration of health services;
- Develop a communication strategy and implement approaches to improve awareness and understanding of the NIHB Program;
- Promote an understanding of the Navigators role and responsibilities to the MKO communities, health care providers and agencies;
- Maintain a network of contacts in to strengthen relationships with stakeholders, health care providers and partners.
- Liaison with First Nations and Inuit’s, Federal/Provincial and territorial health services, professional organizations and health care providers in order to assist eligible clients to navigate the NIHB Program on related benefits access;
- Identify training requirements and opportunities for improving access to health services and health outcomes
The MKO Client Navigator Program has been successful. The offices are situated in Thompson and Winnipeg. Introduction about the program is complete with the MKO communities, visitation and meetings conducted with the Federal/Provincial and Territorial entities. Members of First Nations seek support and acquire access to services when contact is made with the Client Navigator.
- Seek funding to host a regional NIHB Conference for Leaders, Health Directors and members;
- Implement Toll Free Numbers on cell phones for easier contact for clients
The (MKO) Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. Client Navigator is here to help with registered First Nation and Inuit’s to have access to NIHB and may be entitled to:
1. Eye and Vision care
3. Medical Transportation
4. Drugs and Prescriptions
5. Medical Supplies/Equipment
6. Mental Health
7. Short term Crisis Intervention
Here is how we can help?
We provide support and advocacy to help registered members to access NIHB they deserve. On behalf of the registered members we will advocate with the Federal Government and health Professional’s to resolve NIHB issues and offer support through planning and research by assisting in interpreting policies and improving awareness to access benefits.
Many First Nations & Inuit’s struggle to access adequate services with the Non – Insured Health Benefits, Provincial and Territorial Health Services.
If you are having issues, please contact us at:
Toll Free Number: 1 – 800 – 442 – 0488
Direct Line: 1 – 204 – 677 – 1618
Cell #: 1 – 204 – 307 – 5066
Email Address: [email protected]