Waywayseecappo First Nation, Manitoba
Just 30 km from Russell, Manitoba
The school is located near the southwestern corner of the Riding Mountain National Park. Borders municipal of Rossburn.
Start date: Immediate/negotiable- school year starting Sept. 2019
Salary: $78,652.00 – $108,490.20 (including school holidays)
Position summary: We are looking for an individual who is interested in working in a school environment. The position will follow the school calendar including holidays. The hours will follow the school, allowing flexibility for home visits when necessary. This position will also be part of a pilot; developing, designing, and measuring a service delivery model to function in the school while staying connected to the health center and community. The school nurse practitioner is primarily a staff member of the Waywayseecappo Health Centre reporting to the director and MFI Partner.
The emphasis is on providing holistic care, health promotion, and disease prevention. The school nurse practitioner is responsible and accountable for their independent practice yet works with a multidisciplinary team to address medical issues in the school which affect health. This position requires the ability to work effectively with the Indigenous population and be willing to take cultural sensitivity training as needed.
Responsibilities and duties:
- The school nurse practitioner assesses, diagnoses, prescribes, analyzes test data, arranges follow-up appointments as required both in school and in community.
- Manages common disorders and diseases seen in primary health.
- Makes referrals to specialty providers as required.
- Responsible for caring for patients while maintaining accurate patient records.
- Serves as a resource for patients, families, and staff for ongoing care information.
- Interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills consistent with establishing and maintaining the working relationships required to effectively perform the role requirements.
- Possess sound judgment as well as critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize role tasks; react positively to workload, conflicting demands, and time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard office software and EMR.
- Willingly participates in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s level nurse practitioner program or equivalent.
- Licensed (in good standing) or eligible for license with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
- A current criminal background check, child and adult abuse registry check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Preferred 2+ years nursing practitioner experience
Individuals interested in applying for this position should forward their resume, including three professional reference letters.
Applications for the position will be accepted until position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WAYWAYSEECAPPO HEALTH CENTRE
Waywayseecappo, MB R0J 1S0
ATTENTION: LENA CLEARSKY, DIRECTOR
Email: [email protected]