MKO is proud to once again be hosting the Santa Express for the Christmas 2019 season.
MKO will once again partner with caring organizations to commit countless hours and energy to ensure Santa Claus can visit the thousands of First Nations children throughout the MKO territory who do not have a chance to travel to urban centers to see Santa Claus during the holiday season.
MKO is kindly asking for continued financial support from our partners for the upcoming 2019 MKO Santa Express. This year’s visits are scheduled to take place from December 2 to 20, 2019.
We are accepting financial or in-kind contributions to the MKO Santa Express. This is a tremendous opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to be a sponsor and to ensure all MKO children have an opportunity to see Santa prior to Christmas Day in their First Nations. Your contributions will speak clearly to the 73,000 residents of MKO First Nations.
People and organizations can donate by:
- Making an online donation through our Go Fund Me campaign.
- Sending a cheque or dropping off a cash donation to either of our offices (55 Selkirk Avenue in Thompson, MB, R8N 0M5 or suite 1601 at 275 Portage Avenue in Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2B3)
We will recognize all sponsors on this webpage and on our social media platforms.
Frosty Fest is CANCELLED
The Frosty Fest fundraising social planned for Saturday, December 7 in Thompson is CANCELLED. MKO apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. We thank all our supporters who purchased tickets. If you would like to request a refund, contact MKO at 204-677-1600 or the person who sold you the tickets.
MKO thanks all donors and sponsors who have supported our Santa Express Initiative.We have received many generous donations that have helped to make this initiative a reality.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Phone: (204) 927-7500
Email: [email protected]
November 30, 2019:
- Bunibonibee Cree Nation, 9:26 am arrival
- God’s Lake First Nation, 12:10 pm arrival
- Manto Sipi Cree Nation, 2:21 pm arrival
- Shamattawa First Nation, 4:40 pm arrival
Sunday, December 1, 2019:
- Barren Lands First Nation, 9:49 am arrival
- Northlands First Nation, 11:58 am arrival
- Sayisi Dene Denesuline Nation, 2:26 pm arrival
- O-Pipon-Na-Piwin Cree Nation, 5:02 pm arrival
Monday, December 2, 2019:
- Norway House Cree Nation, 8:25 am arrival
Tuesday, December 3, 2019:
- Pimicikamak Cree Nation, 9:10 am arrival
Tuesday, December 10, 2019:
- God’s Lake First Nation, arrival time to be confirmed
Wednesday, December 11, 2019:
- Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation, 1:00 pm
Friday, December 13, 2019:
- Sapotaweyak Cree Nation, 10:30 am
- Chemawawin Cree Nation, 2:15 pm
Saturday, December 14, 2019:
- Mosakahiken First Nation, 11:00 am
- Tataskweyak Cree Nation: arrival time to be confirmed
Sunday, December 15, 2019
- Fox Lake Cree Nation, 10:00 am
- War Lake First Nation, 12:00 pm
- York Factory First Nation: 1:45 pm
Monday, December 16, 2019:
- Sherridon First Nation: 10:00 am
- Misipawistik Cree Nation, 10:30 am
- Mathias Columb Cree Nation, 12:30 pm
Tuesday, December 17, 2019:
- Black Sturgeon First Nation, Lynn Lake, 10:00 am
- Leaf Rapids, 12:30 pm
- Grand Lake First Nation, timing to be announced
Note: We are working to confirm a date for the Sayisi Dene Denesuline Nation.
Stay tuned for more Santa visit dates/times!
Our wish list:
- Financial donations
- Santa suits
- Arrow Specialties
- Clement Travel Service Ltd.
- Greg Fontaine
- IDC Communications
- Manitoba Metis Federation
- Melissa Fiddler
- Clyde Flett
- Mining Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Q-Power Communications
- Radisson Hotel
- True North Sports and Entertainment Ltd.
- Arctic Beverages
- Assembly of First Nations
- Gardewine North
- Hudbay Minerals
- Old Dutch Foods
- Manitoba Hydro
- Perimeter Aviation
- Via Rail