The Canadian Research Initiative in Substance Misuse (CRISM) has/is completing a series of six national guidance documents to address the urgent needs of people who use substances during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can find the guidance documents on CRISM’s website. The documents cover the following topics:
- Supporting people who use substances in shelter settings during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Telemedicine support for addiction services
- Harm reduction worker safety
- Recovery environments
- Supporting people who use substances in acute care settings
- Medications and other clinical approaches to support physical distancing for people who use substances