The independent Expert Panel for the legislative review of the Cannabis Act is now accepting feedback from First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples.
The Expert Panel will advise the Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Health, and the Honourable Carolyn Bennett, Minister of Mental Health and Addictions and Associate Minister of Health, on progress made towards achieving the Act’s objectives, and will help identify priority areas for improving the functioning of the legislation.
The Panel is mandated to engage with the public, other orders of governments, Indigenous peoples, youth, marginalized and racialized communities, and people who access cannabis for medical purposes to gather their perspectives on the implementation of the Act. The Panel will also meet with experts in relevant fields, including but not limited to, public health, substance use, criminal justice, law enforcement and the cannabis industry.
How to submit feedback:
- Read the Summary from Engagement with First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples
- Submit feedback on the summary to the Expert Panel:
Submit feedback by January 15, 2023.
For more information:
Visit the Cannabis Act legislative review webpage for more information on the community engagement process.
Cannabis Act Legislative Review Secretariat
If you have any questions about the Legislative Review of the Cannabis Act or the engagement process, contact:
- Via Mail:
- Cannabis Act Legislative Review Secretariat, Health Canada, Address locator 0302I, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0K9
- Via Email: [email protected]
Indigenous Feedback Legislative Review
If you have any questions about the Indigenous engagement associated with the Legislative Review of the Cannabis Act, contact:
- Via Mail: Indigenous Feedback Legislative Review, Health Canada, Address locator 0302I, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0K9
- Via Email: [email protected]c.gc.ca