To view this posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Chief Executive Officer
Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc.
Winnipeg or Thompson – Full Time
The Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc. invites you to apply for a unique and ground-breaking opportunity to advance the health care of First Nation peoples in northern Manitoba. The successful candidate will employ their superior skills in negotiations with funders, operations and management, finance and problem solving in guiding an innovative team tasked with addressing community identified gaps in health and wellness services for First Nations citizens.
The role requires a university degree in business, social, health or public administration (preferably at the master’s level), a minimum of five (5) years of related experience in the management field (preferably in health), a combination of relevant experience and education will be considered. Must have a solid understanding of general finances, human resource and personnel management and advanced computer skills including the MS Office Suite, internet and email. Should also have solid understanding of government, policy, programming and funding models related to the Manitoba health system.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication (written/oral) skills
- Excellent decision-making skills and delegation skills
- Excellent strategic thinking skills
- Excellent mediation and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle both internal and external conflicts
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent political acumen skills
- Ability to build consensus and relationships
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- A current police security clearance and satisfactory criminal record check required
- A clear child/adult abuse registry check is required
- A valid class 5 driver’s license is required
- The ability to speak one or more northern First Nations languages would be an asset
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates who possess the necessary qualifications and/or experience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities.
If you would like to join our growing team of experts and this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your cover letter and CV/resume by 4:00 pm, Monday, June 29, 2020 to: Jean Merasty, Human Resource Generalist [email protected].
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc. was incorporated as the northern First Nations aggregate Health entity December 2019 under the direction of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO). Previous to that, in May 2017, MKO, along with federal support undertook to lead a federally funded initiative – clinical care transformation to benefit the citizens of northern Manitoba First Nations.