To view this opportunity in PDF, please click here.
Wage Negotiable – Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
The Communications Coordinator will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. The Communications Coordinator should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with leadership and management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy
- Write, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates NCN’s activities and services
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange media interviews, and act as a spokesperson for NCN
- Oversee gathering of content for NCN’s monthly newsletter and act as liaison with publisher
- Draft correspondence, and assist in preparing and editing a variety of internal and external documents, i.e., advertisements, reports, agendas, briefing notes, etc.
- Oversee and monitor NCN messaging on a variety of social media platforms
- Maintain inventory of public relations material: banners, brochures, tablecloths, etc.
- Establish effective relationships with media outlets, and maintain a media and photo database
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Proficiency in design and publishing software
- Incorporate translation tools and software for community use
- Other duties as assigned
- Years of experience in a communication’s role or related field
- Highly effective project management, prioritizing and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms
- Ability to speak Cree an asset
- Must be able to write briefing note
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position applying for and resume, along with your Criminal Records Check by July 10, 2023 to Nora Thomas, Human Resources Administrator of Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation.
Phone: (204) 484-2604 Cell: (204) 307-1178 Fax: 484-2588