To view this job posting in PDF format, click here
Indigenous Skills and Employment Training (ISET)
Full-Time Position – Thompson, MB
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated, experienced individual to provide reception and administrative support to our Thompson ISET team. Under the direction of the Indigenous Skills & Employment Training (ISET) Program Director, the incumbent will work in an environment focused on the design and delivery of ISET programs and services. This includes providing support to clients utilizing the Minimum Level of Service area and administrative support to the ISET staff team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Be the first point of contact for visitors and clients;
• Organize boardroom and training room bookings;
• Arrange meetings on Microsoft Teams, Zoom and LifeSize;
• Order office supplies and equipment as needed;
• Assist staff and visitors with printing, photocopying, and faxing;
• Receive and distribute incoming and outgoing mail;
• Answer the main phone line and assist or forward callers;
• Take notes in meetings as requested;
• Assist the IT team as needed;
• Scan and add to the MKO ISET electronic archives;
• Other administrative duties as assigned: travel claims, bank deposits, etc.
Education and Experience
• Administrative Assistant training and/or minimum 3 years’ experience in an office setting;
• Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks;
• Excellent organization skills and the ability to set priorities;
• Ability to adapt to a changing routine;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Internet, and E-mail;
• Experience using Apple and Windows technology;
• Willingness to learn different computer programs and procedures;
• Proof of double vaccination required;
• Must posses a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel, with access to a reliable vehicle;
• Ability to lift 20-40 pounds;
• Provide a current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check, including Child Abuse Screening;
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues relevant to Indigenous communities.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and references(2) by
4:00 PM on May 1, 2023 to Shawna Flett @ [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.