To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc.
Information Technology Specialist
Winnipeg or Thompson
The Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc. (KIM) invites you to apply for a unique and ground-breaking opportunity to advance the health care of First Nation peoples in northern Manitoba. The successful candidate will employ their skills in Information Technology (IT) as part of an innovative team tasked with addressing widely known and community identified gaps in health and wellness services.
We are looking for a qualified IT Specialist that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. The specialist will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
Must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology with KIM.
The role requires a diploma or degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field or A+ Microsoft Certified Technologist. A combination of relevant experience and education will be considered. The successful candidate will possess strong information technology skills as well as:
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
• In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Outstanding organization skills and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage confidentiality
• A current police security clearance and satisfactory criminal record check required
• A clear child abuse registry check is required
• A valid class 5 driver’s license is required
• The ability to speak one or more northern First Nations languages would be an asset
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates who possess the necessary qualifications and/or experience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities.
If you would like to join our growing team of experts and this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your cover letter and CV/resume by 4:00 pm, Friday, July 24, 2020 to: Jean Merasty, Human Resource Generalist [email protected].