To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Traditional Healing Program
Thompson Sub-Office – Term Position August 2020 – March 2021
Are you are an experienced Administrative Professional who is intrigued by the opportunity to work within a newly transitioned Health Benefits Program for Indigenous Manitobans? If so, let’s talk!
- You will process Traditional Healing decisions and payments to eligible clients and service providers
- You will work as part of a team with others like yourself who are dedicated to work which has real value and meaning in the lives of Indigenous people in Manitoba\
- You will apply your skills, talents, and passion for the benefit of others
- You will enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing your work is much more than just a job
As the Administration Assistant, you will:
- Review and process requests for accuracy and eligibility
- Process cheque requisitions, purchase orders, files
- Answer provider and client questions and billing inquiries
- Maintain and update data bases and case files
- Assisting the Program Manager & Health Benefits Analyst in supporting service agreements and funding tendering process
- Other administrative duties as assigned; receptionist coverage, bank deposits, etc.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to set priorities
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an office/administrative environment
- Proficient computer skills including: MS Office; Internet; Word and E-mail
- Post-secondary education in an administrative field or equivalent
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues relevant to Indigenous communities
- Current and satisfactory background check with security clearance to work with vulnerable clients
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. If this sounds like the right fit for you. Please email your cover letter and resume by 4:00 pm on Friday, July 17, 2020 to:
Dorothy Smith – [email protected].
Resumes can also be dropped off at the MKO office at 206-55 Selkirk Avenue in Thompson, Manitoba or the MKO office at 1601-275 Portage Avenue in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.