Full-Time Position in Thompson, Manitoba
To view this opportunity in PDF format, click here.
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated, experienced individual to provide program coordination for the MKO Sobering Centre. This position will coordinate the services we provide to people who look to overcome substance abuse and mental health disorders. Under the direction of the MKO Executive Director, the incumbent will work in an environment focused on service delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with service users, staff and MKO leadership;
- Respond to calls for assistance and client emergencies as needed;
- Reviewing, approving and tracking of expenses;
- Preparing financial reports;
- Provide support and direction to assist in the effective delivery of services;
- Provide guidance and support to Peer Support Workers;
- Provide opportunities for information sharing, partnership and training opportunities;
- Provide feedback to MKO on a regular basis, updating the status of the services being offered;
- Identify/provide guidance for applications for funding, proposals and grants as required.
Education and Experience
- Candidates must have a post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in the Business Administration field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks;
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to set priorities;
- Ability to adapt to a changing routine;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Internet, and E-mail;
- Experience using Apple and Windows technology;
- Proof of double vaccination required;
- Provide a current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check, including Child Abuse Screening;
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language, and issues relevant to Indigenous communities.
Salary is dependant upon qualifications and experience
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references by
4:00 PM on June 21, 2023 to: Shawna Flett at [email protected]
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.