EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Thompson Office
ISET Project Coordinator (Full-time position)
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO) Incorporated is seeking a highly motivated individual that will perform the functions of Indigenous Skills Employment and Training (ISET) Program Project Coordinator. The successful candidate will facilitate and support the administration and development of ISET programs with its MKO First Nation communities.
This position requires excellent analytical, financial reporting, planning, organizing, interpersonal, and communication skills. Knowledge of First Nations culture, language, and understanding of the challenges faced by First Nations communities is essential.
- Formal training in the area of business administration and/or a minimum two to three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Experience in analyzing and reconciling monthly, quarterly, or annual financial reports
- Knowledge of the guidelines and reporting requirements of the ISET Program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with sub-agreement holders
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities with a demonstrated commitment to deadlines, accountability, and details
- Ability to network and creating strong connections and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Build positive relationships with MKO First Nations to strengthen communication
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders to ensure the program responds to community needs
- Plan and carry out engagement/information programs
- Excellent time and resource management and strong program administration skills
- Must be computer literate and be proficient with MS Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to work independently and with a team with minimal supervision
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license; must be willing to travel to communities
- Experience or knowledge of First Nation Human Resources an asset
- Ability to speak a First Nation language is a definite asset
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is provided. A complete job description can be obtained by calling (204) 677-1600.
Interested candidates please submit in confidence, a cover letter with resume along with at least three work-related references by 4:00 pm on March 20, 2020, to:
Dorothy Smith: dorot[email protected]
Resumes can also be dropped off at our MKO office at 206-55 Selkirk Avenue in Thompson, Manitoba or at 1601-275 Portage Avenue in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted for an interview