Employment Opportunity Full Time – Thompson Sub-Office
Restorative Justice Worker
Apply by 4:30 pm on March 16, 2020
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Restorative Justice Worker. Under the general direction of the Justice Program Manager, the Restorative Justice Worker will work with a holistic approach to achieving justice that takes into account the needs and strengths of Aboriginal people of Northern Manitoba.
In this role, the incumbent will engage and provide support to stakeholders. Stakeholders include offenders, victims, community members, police officers, probation officers, and other criminal justice partners. They will be involved with intake and session preparation meetings with case stakeholders. Case review and planning, networking, developing and facilitating restorative justice sessions and programming (as required), manage case loads, produce clear, concise and timely case notes and reports, develop work plans based on referral trends and community assignments, and other duties as required.
- University degree in a relevant field AND minimum one year experience in a related position OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a caseload and clear grasp of casework protocols
- Knowledge of restorative principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, build strong relationships, lead others or teams
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills and conflict resolution skills
- Working understanding of issues and concerns of youth and adult offenders and victims of crime
- Keen awareness of issues facing diverse communities
- An understanding of First Nation language, inherent and Aboriginal rights, and of the unique issues related to Northern First Nations
- Ability to work in partnership with stakeholder agencies and volunteers
- Ability to be flexible
- Strong computer literacy required
- The successful candidate will have access to a reliable transportation and will possess a suitable driver’s abstract
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter, a detailed resume, and two written work-related references to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (204) 927-7509
Mail: 55 Selkirk Avenue
Thompson, MB R8N 0N8