To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Child Welfare Jurisdiction Worker
Child Welfare Secretariat
Thompson or Winnipeg – Full Time
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a highly motivated individual who will assist, develop and coordinate all MKO Child Welfare Secretariat (CWS) child, youth and family engagements. The successful incumbent will support the MKO CWS in developing a First Nation child and family governance structure and coordinate a team to carry out a work plan towards the development and implementation of First Nation family laws, policies and standards specific to MKO First Nation communities. The Child Welfare Jurisdiction Coordinator will report to and work under the direction of the Director of the MKO CWS.
- Ensure all intakes, assessments, case reviews and data collection are met.
- Provide opportunity for family to enroll or participate in appropriate programs.
- Manage all jurisdiction projects, activities and meetings.
- Provide written reports and budgets etc.
- Maintain client records and ensure they are safely secure.
- Conduct community/family meetings as required.
- Document and record all data received.
- Other duties assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in social work; and/or equivalent combination of work experience and education may be considered
- Fluent in one of the MKO languages (Cree, Dene) will be considered and asset
- Understanding of child welfare issues affecting children, youth and families
- A thorough understanding of federal policies, provincial child welfare policies and knowledge of First Nation child welfare agencies
- Experience in supervisory or leadership role
- Ability to multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software and Internet research tools
- Must produce clear Child Abuse and Criminal Record checks
- Must be willing to travel and possess a valid driver’s license
Salary will commensurate upon experience and qualifications. Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on November 16, 2021 to Dorothy Smith at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, in advance, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.