To view this career opportunity in a PDF format, please click here.
Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoaywain Inc. (KIM)
Winnipeg – Full Time
The Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc. (KIM) invites you to apply for a unique and ground-breaking opportunity to advance the health care of First Nation peoples in northern Manitoba. The successful candidate will employ their skills in enhancing the CEO’s productivity through a proactive approach to workload improvement and effective management of day-to-day administrative responsibilities. Thus, allowing the CEO to maximize their time on high-priority projects. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative team tasked with addressing widely known and community identified gaps in health and wellness services.
As the Executive Assistant, you will:
- Provide effective, professional administrative support to CEO
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy, time-management & organizational skills
- Organize CEO schedule and coordinate meetings
- Schedule and maintain an updated calendar
- Ensure all meeting minutes and decisions be recorded, reviewed and reported
- Provide necessary research, develop and/or establish an information base that is required for the preparation of resolutions, postings, proposals and other relevant documents
- Assist and prepare letters, presentations, briefing notes and other correspondence
- Maintain an effective electronic filing system
- Maintain an updated digital contact list
- Screen and direct emails and phone calls for CEO
- Ensure tasks and projects are completed within deadlines
- Develop strong working relationships with senior management
- Prepare meeting agendas
- Other administrative duties as assigned
To this position, you bring:
- Post-secondary education in an administrative field or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience working directly with senior management
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe)
- Must possess strong critical thinking and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong level of accuracy, time-management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to synthesize information and summarize minutes
- Must be action oriented and ability to work under pressure
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate business professionalism
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues related to First Nation communities
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If you would like to join our growing team of experts and this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your cover letter and resume by 4:00PM on October 12, 2021 to Dorothy Smith at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keewatinohk Inniniw Minoayawin Inc. was incorporated in December 2019 under the direction of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO). MKO was approached by the federal government in May of 2017 with an offer to lead a federally funded clinical care transformation initiative to benefit the citizens of northern Manitoba First Nations.