To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Mobile Crisis Intervention Team Member
Mobile Crisis Response Team
Thompson – Full Time
Are you a Mental Health, Wellness or Crisis Professional, Spiritual or Indigenous Knowledge Keeper or maybe a Psychologist, Social Worker or Psychiatric Nurse who is seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Indigenous people at times of crisis? Are you willing to travel to remote, rural, and fly-in First Nation communities throughout Manitoba? If so, let’s talk!
- You will be part of the MKO Mobile Crisis Response Team.
- You will work with others like yourself who are dedicated to work which has real value and meaning in the lives of others.
- You will apply your education, skills, talents, and passion for the benefit of others while learning from the expertise of your team.
- You will enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing your work is much more than just a job.
As a Mobile Crisis Intervention Team Member, you will:
- Provide culturally sensitive and safe crisis intervention and trauma support in the priority area of suicide or other tragic loss of life.
- Deploy to remote, rural, and fly-in communities throughout Manitoba, usually for up to three days on short notice.
- Provide an organized crisis response with support services to those impacted in the community.
- Work as part of a dedicated regional team.
- Contribute to a broader strategy to strengthen relationships and provide greater capacity within First Nations communities to respond locally to crisis.
- Traditional healing practices as an Indigenous Knowledge Keeper or Elder or have a Degree in related social sciences, social work or health related post-secondary education.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a mental wellness crisis response environment
- Proficient computer skills
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues relevant to Indigenous communities
- Preference will be given to those who speak or understand an Indigenous language
- Proof of double vaccination required to travel to First Nation communities
- A valid driver’s license
- A willingness to travel
- Provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check, including Child Abuse & Vulnerable Sector Screening
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume and cover letter by 4:00PM December 9, 2021 to Dorothy Smith at [email protected].
Only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted for an interview.