To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Thompson – Full Time
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO), is seeking a professional and customer service-oriented store manager to oversee store daily operation. The store will sell Indigenous Artists merchandise and will be located in City Centre Mall in Thompson. In this role as the store manager, you will supervise the operation of the store monitoring inventory levels and develop business strategies to meet monthly sales goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver excellent service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction;
- Financial requirements and reporting;
- Working with artists and manage consignment art pieces;
- Ensure store compliance with health and safety regulations;
- Develop and arrange promotional material and in-store displays;
- Undertake store administration duties such as managing store records;
- Monitor inventory levels and order new items;
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities;
- Customer service-oriented with knowledge of basic business management;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Flexible with ability to work overtime if requested;
- Organizational skill with attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
Education and Experience
- Business Administration diploma or certificate, Grade 12 or equivalent
- Combination of Experience and education will be considered
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a managerial role
- Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Must have a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- An understanding of First Nation language, Inherent and Aboriginal Rights and of the unique issues related to Northern First Nations
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. If this sounds like the right fit for you. Please email your cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on October 7, 2021 to Dorothy Smith – [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.