To view this career opportunity in a PDF format, please click here.
Thompson Urban Aboriginal Strategy & Secure Certificate of Indian Status Program
Thompson – Full Time Position
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO), is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. Under the general direction of TUAS Coordinator and SCIS Supervisor. In this role, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with and support the TUAS and SCIS Programs, staff and Coordinator/Supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office;
- Answer phone calls, schedule meetings and support staff;
- Make travel arrangements and book meetings;
- Maintain database by entering new and updated information;
- Develop and maintain filing system;
- Coordinate and compile and prepare reports for submission;
- Track reporting;
- Other administrative duties as assigned;
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in an administrative field or combination and experience will be considered
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an office/administrative environment
- Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- An understanding of First Nation language, Inherent and Aboriginal Rights and of the unique issues related to Northern First Nations.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. If this sounds like the right fit for you. Please email your cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on February 22, 2022 to Dorothy Smith at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.