MKO Thompson or Winnipeg Sub-Office – Full-Time (Term Position)
To view this opportunity in PDF, please click here.
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Incorporated is seeking an individual with a wide range of HR experience that would work and perform the functions of HR Coordinator. Under Supervision of the MKO Executive Director, the incumbent will perform administrative functions, coordinate and support all HR activities associated with tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations human resource department.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance;
- Redirect HR related calls or distribute correspondence to the appropriate person of the team;
- Work in cooperation with the MKO Payroll Administrator to maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, request for leaves, etc.);
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts etc.;
- Assist program managers in performance management procedures & reviews;
- Schedule meetings interviews, etc.;
- Perform orientations, onboarding and update records with new hires;
- Coordinate training sessions;
- Maintain and update MKO policy to meet objectives of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak, Inc.;
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Human Resource Management diploma and/or combination of training and 5 years’ experience in HR support function as an HR Coordinator; a relevant combination of education and work experience will be considered;
- An understanding of First Nations/government policies, procedures, programs and services;
- Ability to handle information with confidentiality;
- Computer experience, specifically with Outlook, Word and Excel spreadsheets;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Must have excellent writing, oral, inter-personal skills;
- Must be able to meet deadlines within short time lines;
- Must be able to travel and have a valid class 5 license;
- Ability to speak/understand a First Nation language is a definite asset.
- Clear criminal record, child abuse and vulnerable sector checks are required.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your cover letter and resume by 4:00PM on October 20, 2023 to Dorothy Smith at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.