Full Time Position Available in Thompson.
To view this opportunity in PDF, please click here.
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated, experienced individual to provide reception and client intake to our ISET Thompson Training & Support Centre. Under the direction of the Indigenous Skills & Employment Training (ISET) Program Manager, the incumbent will work in an environment focused on the delivery of ISET programs and services. This includes providing support to clients utilizing the Minimum Level of Service area and administrative support to the ISET staff team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Be the first point of contact for visitors and clients;
• Track staff time, receiving and logging absences and submitting to Payroll every
• Organize boardroom and training room bookings;
• Arrange meetings on Microsoft Teams and Zoom;
• Order office supplies and equipment as needed;
• Assist staff and visitors with printing, photocopying, and faxing;
• Receive, log and distribute incoming and outgoing mail;
• Answer the main phone line and assist or forward callers to appropriate staff;
• Take notes in meetings as requested;
• Assist the IT team as needed;
• Scan and add to the MKO ISET digital archives;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• An Administrative or Clerical related certificate or diploma will be considered an asset. An
equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
• Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks;
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities;
• Ability to adapt to a changing routine;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office and E-mail;
• Experience using Apple and Windows technology;
• Willingness to learn different computer programs and procedures;
• Proof of double vaccination required;
• Must posses a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel, with access to a reliable
• Ability to lift 20-40 pounds;
• Provide a current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check, including Child Abuse Registry
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues relevant to Indigenous
• Preference will be given to First Nations applicants.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position applying for and resume, along with 3 professional reference listings (include a most recent employer reference) by:4:00 PM on January 29, 2024 to: Elaine Paisley at [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Incorporated in 1981 as the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO). MKO is a non-profit, political advocacy organization that provides a collective voice on issues of inherent, Treaty, Indigenous, and human rights for citizens of the 26 sovereign First Nations we represent. The MKO First Nations are signatory to Treaties 4, 5, 6, and 10.
Please visit our website at mkonation.com