Full Time Position available in Winnipeg.
To view this opportunity in PDF, please click here.
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO), is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Administrative Assistant under the supervision and direction of the Justice Programs Manager. In this role, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with and support the Justice Programs, staff and Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides high level administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Justice Programs;
- Answer phone calls, schedule meetings and support Justice and other MKO staff;
- Make travel arrangements for staff;
- Maintain database by entering new and updated information for statistical reporting purposes;
- Develop and maintain a paper and electronic filing system;
- Coordinate and compile and prepare reports for submission;
- Ability to travel is required;
- Other administrative duties as assigned;
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail
- Produce a satisfactory criminal record, child abuse and vulnerable sector checks
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in an administrative field or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an office/administrative environment
- Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- An understanding of First Nation language, Inherent and Aboriginal Rights and of the unique issues related to Northern First Nations.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references by 4:00pm on October 20, 2023 to: Dorothy Smith – [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.
Incorporated in 1981 as the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO), MKO is a non-profit, political advocacy organization that provides a collective voice on issues of inherent, Treaty, aboriginal and human rights for the citizens of the 26 sovereign First Nations we represent. The MKO First Nations are signatory to Treaties 4, 5, 6 and 10.