Term Position in Winnipeg or Thompson.
To view this opportunity in PDF, please click here.
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO) Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of project assistant to work on a project called “Minoayawin Keewatinowi Askik: Engaging Northern First Nations in Manitoba to increase uptake of COVID-19 vaccines.”
The project assistant reports to the project manager. The assistant is an integral project member who will support the implementation of community engagement and research.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Coordinate/oversee logistics for community engagement sessions
• Organize materials and supplies for community engagement sessions
• Monitor project workplan, ensure milestones/timelines are being followed
• Coordinate, compile, and prepare reports for submission
• Research duties to assist in developing environmental scan
• Draft, edit, format, and send correspondence
• Develop materials for engagement sessions, such as posters, website, information sheets, etc.
• Provide Zoom and related technical support: Acting as a “Zoom driver” for community engagement sessions, booking Zoom sessions for events/meetings, etc.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and partners
• Travel to First Nations in Northern Manitoba, must be willing to travel via road, plane, boat
• Work closely with project manager and others to achieve project objectives
• Assist with evaluation of project
• Other duties to be determined
• Post-secondary education
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a project assistant or administrative role
• Strong initiative and ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to analyze large amounts of information and pay strong attention to detail
• Proficient computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• An understanding of the Cree or Dene language is an asset
• Knowledge of the unique issues related to Northern First Nations
• Proof of double COVID-19 vaccination
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Knowledge of graphic and/or web design, video production, photography, and/or using Zoom as a meeting platform are assets
• Passion for and knowledge about vaccine uptake and health promotion in First Nations is an asset
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position applying for and resume, along with 3 professional reference listings (include a most recent employer reference) by: 4:00 PM on October 5, 2023 to: [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Incorporated in 1981 as the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO). MKO is a non-profit, political advocacy organization that provides a collective voice on issues of inherent, Treaty, Indigenous, and human rights for citizens of the 26 sovereign First Nations we represent. The MKO First Nations are signatory to Treaties 4, 5, 6, and 10.
Please visit our website at www.mkonation.com