Full Time Position available in Thompson, MB.
To view this opportunity in PDF, please click here.
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a highly motivated member to assume the role of Addictions Support Worker. The addictions support worker will provide support to participants of the Wellbriety Centre in a professional and respectful manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Recognize and support unique needs to participants.
• Support participants with daily living with addictions
• Develop and implement treatment plans based on the participant’s needs
• Build positive relationships with the centre participants and staff.
• Provide support with resources in the community.
• Provide the ability to communicate effectively with participants and understand each unique needs of support
• Provide one on one or group supports.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Experience and/or knowledge of Addictions
• Knowledge of traditional and modern education techniques.
• Have knowledge of understanding all the different needs of clients
• Working knowledge of Microsoft work, Internet, Email, and other business-related computer software.
• Have or be willing to complete and practice Applied Suicide Intervention (ASIST) certificate.
• Have or be willing to complete Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certificate.
• Knowledge of one or more First Nation languages would be an asset.
• Good physical and mental maturity.
• Ability to provide case management skills with proper and effective case notes.
• Time management, organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A current Criminal Records Check and vulnerable persons check must be provided.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license is required and a willingness to travel when needed.
Key skills and Competencies:
• Manages conflict, resourcefulness, communicated effectively, maintains professionalism, values differences, patient focus, instils trust, positive relationship building, being resilient, demonstrates self-awareness, collaborates, builds effective teams.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position applying for and resume, along with 3 professional reference listings. (Include a most recent employer reference) by: 4:00 PM on November 17, 2023, to: [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Incorporated in 1981 as the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO). MKO is a non-profit, political advocacy organization that provides a collective voice on issues of inherent, Treaty, Indigenous, and human rights for citizens of the 26 sovereign First Nations we represent. The MKO First Nations are signatory to Treaties 4, 5, 6, and 10.