Full time position available in Thompson
To view this opportunity in PDF, please click here.
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO), is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Administrative/Data Entry Assistant. Under the direction of the Wellbriety Centre Program Manager, the Administrative/Data Entry Assistant, will provide administrative support for Wellbriety Centre Program and employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical and administrative support to the Wellbriety Centre Program manager;
• Maintain data by entering/modifying new and updated client information;
• Maintain electronic files and cross reference electronic data with online files to maintain consistency;
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information;
• Maintaining a directory of key stakeholders and community resources within Manitoba First Nation communities;
• Arranges travel logistics accordingly;
• Facilitates travel expense claims, invoices and payments in conjunction with the Finance department;
• Facilitates correspondence on behalf of the Wellbriety Centre if necessary, with input and guidance from the Program Manager;
• Preparation of materials for conferences, assemblies, meetings and training events;
• Takes minutes for meetings;
• Provides support to the Wellbriety staff in maintaining the electronic filing system;
• Maintain office supplies and promotional items inventory for the Wellbriety Centre;
• Provide administrative support in meetings as necessary at the direction of the Program Manager;
• Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information;
• Establish entry priorities;
• Process client documents by reviewing data for deficiencies;
• Purge files to eliminate duplication of data;
• Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential;
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
• Create reports from the database as needed;
• Identify, track, and manage data issues;
• Assists other team members and carries out other duties as needed and assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an office/administrative environment;
• Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs;
• Post-secondary education or course in office administration or equivalent;
• Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
• Demonstrates strong initiative with the ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team;
• Proficiency with MS Office, Internet, E-mail and other business related computer software is required;
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through;
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues relevant to First Nation communities;
• A current police security clearance and satisfactory criminal records check including clearance to work with vulnerable men, women, youth and child intervention;
• A valid class 5 driver license.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position applying for and resume, along with 3 professional reference listings (include a most recent employer reference) by: 4:00 PM on December 21, 2023 to: Human Resources at [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Incorporated in 1981 as the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO). MKO is a non-profit, political advocacy organization that provides a collective voice on issues of inherent, Treaty, Indigenous, and human rights for citizens of the 26 sovereign First Nations we represent. The MKO First Nations are signatory to Treaties 4, 5, 6, and 10.
Please visit our website at mkonation.com for other Employment Opportunities.