The Policy Centre for Victim Issues at the Department of Justice Canada is pleased to announce that Victims and Survivors of Crime Week 2021 will be commemorated from November 14-20, 2021. The theme for Victims and Survivors of Crime Week is The Power of Collaboration. This theme recognizes that:
- Canada has made significant advances within the criminal justice system and victim services field to increase collaboration to ensure the system is responsive to the various needs of victims of crime;
- There is a continued need within the criminal justice system and victim services field for increased cross-sector collaboration, as well as enhanced coordination, partnerships, and multi-disciplinary responses to better support victims; and
- More can be accomplished to address gaps in the continuum of services and to break down barriers for better access to the meaningful supports that victims depend on throughout the criminal justice process.
Limited funding is available to organizations to host events commemorating Victims and Survivors of Crime Week in their community.
To apply for funding, please submit a proposal using this funding application form to [email protected]. An alternate, accessible format of the application form is available on this website.
Your application must clearly show how the proposed activities:
- support the theme of Victims and Survivors of Crime Week: The Power of Collaboration; and
- support the objectives of the Victims Fund, as well as the objectives of Victims and Survivors of Crime Week to raise awareness about the issues facing victims and survivors of crime and the services, assistance, and laws in place to help them and their families.
It is recommended that you read the Victims and Survivors of Crime Week Funding Guide and frequently asked questions prior to completing your application.
The deadline to apply for funding is 2:00 pm (Central Standard Time) on July 30, 2021. Only applications that have been completed in full and submitted by the deadline will be eligible for funding. As the amount of funding that is available each year is limited, not all eligible applications can be approved.
For more information, contact: [email protected]