To view this media release in a PDF format, please click here.
Indigenous Skills & Employment Training Program (ISETP)
Thompson Office – Full Time
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a highly analytical and qualified Finance Officer to join our team. Under the supervision of the ISETP Finance Administrator, your duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits, monitoring transactions, and preparing invoices.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and systems. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also have outstanding analytical and time management abilities.
The incumbent will assist in preparing for audits, processing invoices and budget preparations. Our ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Process invoices
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Contribute to financial audits.
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
- Prepare balance sheets and invoices.
Other Duties & Skills:
- Knowledge of community resources at local, regional and national level.
- Work under the supervision of the ISETP Finance Administrator.
- Ability to adapt to evolving responsibilities and willingness to expand capacity as the job requires.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Internet research tools.
- Ability to comply with all MKO policies and procedures.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel, with access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current criminal record, child abuse, and vulnerable sector check, including clearance to work with vulnerable women, youth, and children.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Ability to speak one or more First Nations languages would be an asset
Education and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- Previous experience working with ISET funding is an asset.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal
- A current Police Security Clearance and satisfactory Criminal Records check.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If this sounds like the right fit for you. Please email your cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on June 17, 2022 to Shawna Flett at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.