Indigenous communities, Indigenous governments, and Indigenous organizations are eligible to apply for funding to explore ways to improve Indigenous early learning and child care. You can find info about this funding here.
Description of the funding
- Indigenous communities, governments, and organizations that are exploring ways to improve Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care (IELCC)
- You can apply for up to $750,000
- Projects can last up to 19 months, and cannot extend past March 31, 2023
You can submit one application. If you submit more than one, Employment and Social Development Canada will only review the first one.
If you want to know more, please see the IELCC program page and the IELCC Framework.
Funding will go to projects that aim to achieve at least one of the following objectives:
- defining what high-quality Indigenous ELCC means to First Nations, Inuit, and Métis. This could include:
- designing governance models that support Indigenous-led ELCC decision-making
- testing different ways of developing partnerships, and
- designing ways to measure results and success
- finding ways to support ongoing education and training for IELCC leaders, management, and staff
- building and strengthening local IELCC licensing rules and procedures, and
- making tools and training that support IELCC staff who work with children with special needs
Apply on or before: April 14, 2021, 1:00 p.m. Central Time.