To view this employment opportunity in a PDF format, please click here.
Intake and Deployment Coordinator
Mobile Crisis Response Team
Thompson Sub-Office – Full Time
Under the direction of the Mental Wellness and Mobile Crisis Response Team Manager, the Intake & Deployment Coordinator will conduct coordination of Mobile Crisis Response Team Members (MCRT) and personnel aspects of Crisis Response activity for all 63 First Nations in Manitoba. Liaise on behalf of MKO MCRT with partners for service delivery and coordination.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Log inbound calls;
- Log outbound activity: initial information gathering calls, follow-up from after-hours, referrals or recommendations for Deployment of MCRT Members;
- Provide Information on MCRT Program to callers and Deployment Criteria;
- Secure Deployment Plan information: crisis details, community contact, accommodations, special requirements;
- Provide resource information for callers requesting suitable program or agency not available through MCRT;
- Compile Intake and Deployment Information for Deployment Coordinator;
- Compile Intake Tracking Statistic Sheet for Reporting Requirements;
- Maintain up-to-date information/resources for off-reserve support or other services;
- Maintain active knowledge of emergency services available in Manitoba Region;
- Provide Reporting for Intake Activity to the Program Manager;
- Coordinate and plan with the Intake & Deployment Coordinator and the Program Manager;
- Ensures the secure handling and storage of confidential documents;
- Assists other team members and carries out other duties as needed and assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date Active MCRT Deployment Readiness Roster;
- Receive Direct Referrals from First Nations Contacts in established relationship;
- Communicate and distribute Deployment Plans for stakeholders, First Nations and partners;
- Liaise with External Resources, Service Providers and Coordinate joint efforts or supports for First Nations;
- Provide Urgent Response Activity: State of Emergency, Community Natural Disaster Evacuation Support, Canadian Red Cross Partnership-Support;
- Assign MCRT Members in trip planning, preparations and establishing relationships with First Nations;
- Make last-minute urgent changes to staffing on established Deployment Plans-redeploy MCRT Member, change flights, communicate with Finance, communicate with First Nation, stakeholders and partners;
- Provide Reporting as needed by the Program Manager;
- Meet, plan, consult with Program Manager on Deployment Coordination needs or aspects;
- Provide up-to-date, up-to-minute report to Program Manager, MCRT Members or Respective First Nation on active-case emergency or urgent issues;
- Work with jurisdictional Crisis Response Teams, Wellness Teams, Community Support Workers, Health Organizations.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail;
- Produce a satisfactory criminal record, child abuse and vulnerable sector checks.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration or other related diploma or degree preferred;
- 3-5 years’ of experience in administration;
- Experience working in a crisis response environment;
- A valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Working knowledge of Internet, E-mail and other business-related computer software;
- A current Police Security Clearance and satisfactory Criminal Records check.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on May 31, 2022 to Shawna Flett at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.