To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Indigenous Skills and Employment Training (ISET) Program
Thompson – Term Position until March 31, 2022
The Youth Coordinator will be an employee of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) as part of the MKO Indigenous Skills, Employment & Training (ISETs) program that is designed to help Indigenous people improve their skills and find employment. The Youth Coordinator will help bring focus to the 18-30 year old age groups and act as a liaison to youth mentors/leaders/workers in the MKO communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connect with MKO communities youth and build communication/relationship with them, share ideas, help advocate for what they are trying to achieve
- Work with ISETs team to help develop youth ideas and bring them to fruition
- Learn and identify ways the ISETs program can reach more 18-30 age groups using social media, create and promote online
- Create and conduct surveys to 18-30 age groups to improve training and jobs in their community
- Contact non-profit organizations and review their websites to see what programs and initiatives are available to engage youth
- Research recreation & wellness provincially and nationally for youth and share to ISETs team, sub agreement holders and MKO community youth contacts
- Review prior year database statistics on interventions on 18-30 age groups and identify activities and make recommendations to sub agreement holders
- Identify training solutions using the Employee & Training program
- Create email group and distribute information to all parties
- Stay informed with funding/proposals for youth related projects/activities and share with the ISETs team and communities
- Highlight proposal application process, funding terms and conditions and deadlines to ISETs and sub agreement holders
- Support and volunteer all MKO initiatives
- Other related duties as assigned
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume and three references by 4:00pm on July 16, 2021 to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (204) 778-7655
Mail: 206-55 Selkirk Avenue
Thompson, MB R8N 0N8
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.