To view this employment opportunity in a PDF format, please click here.
Winnipeg Sub-Office – Full Time
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO), is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Administrative Assistant under the supervision and direction of the Justice Programs Manager. In this role, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with and support the Justice Programs, staff and Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides high level administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Justice Programs;
- Answer phone calls, schedule meetings and support Justice and other MKO staff;
- Make travel arrangements for staff;
- Maintain database by entering new and updated information for statistical reporting purposes;
- Develop and maintain a paper and electronic filing system;
- Coordinate and compile and prepare reports for submission;
- Ability to travel is required;
- Other administrative duties as assigned;
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail
- Produce a satisfactory criminal record, child abuse and vulnerable sector checks
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in an administrative field or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an office/administrative environment
- Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- An understanding of First Nation language, Inherent and Aboriginal Rights and of the unique issues related to Northern First Nations.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. If this sounds like the right fit for you. Please email your cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on May 27, 2022 to Dorothy Smith via email at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.