To view this report in a PDF format, please click here.
Manitoba First Nations COVID-19 Pandemic Response Coordination Team (PRCT) Daily Bulletin
Date: November 5, 2020
This summary report is intended to provide daily high-level analysis of COVID-19 testing and disease in First Nations people living in Manitoba.
The 5 day test positivity rate:
- On Reserve- 11%
- Off Reserve- 10%
- Total FN- 11%
- Total overall MB population- 9%
Total FN cases overall:
- On Reserve- 471
- Off Reserve- 611*
- Total FN- 1082*
*Please note that 1 case was removed from yesterday’s report
Percentage (%) FN Total of overall Manitoba population:
- New Cases-19%
- Active Cases- 20%
- Recovered Cases- 9%
- Total Cases-15%
- Current Hospitalizations- 26%
- ICU Patients- 69%
- Total Deaths- 8%
- Daily Tests- 13%
- Total Tests- 12%
For the purposes of this report, First Nations people are identified through a variety of mechanisms. This is because not any one method generates a complete list of the First Nations population in Manitoba. The mechanisms used are:
- PHINs of cases and tested individuals are matched up to Status First Nations in the Indian Status Registry – ISR. This list is current as of October 2017 only.
- Self-report in the course of the COVID case investigation.
- Manual review of familial linkages identified in the course of COVID case investigations. Linkages are made by reported relationships, shared last names or addresses, and only counts horizontal- sibling – or downward – offspring – linkages.