You can download a two-page PDF file explaining how to apply for the benefit here. The following information is from the Government of Manitoba.
The Manitoba Child Benefit provides monthly benefits to lower income Manitobans with dependent children in their care. It also provides parents with additional assistance to help with some of the costs of prescription eyeglasses for their children. Low-income families may be eligible for up to $35.00 per month, per child.
Low-income families may be eligible for up to $420 tax free each year for every child. For a single parent of three children working full or part time and earning $15,000 or less, this totals $1,260 with partial benefits for parents who earn $15,000 to $20,000.
- Resident of Manitoba
- Have dependent children under the age of 18 who are in your care
- In receipt of Canada Child Benefits for dependent children*
- Family income is below a specific level and is based on the previous year’s income
- Cannot be in receipt of Employment and Income Assistance unless you are ONLY receiving the health benefits portion of EIA.
- The Manitoba Child Benefit is paid through direct deposit. Download a MCB direct deposit form here.
To apply for the Manitoba Child Benefit, download a printable PDF version of the guidelines for completing the MCB application, and then fill out and mail in the a printable PDF version of the MCB application.
Contact the Government of Manitoba
100 – 114 Garry Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4V4
Toll Free: 1-877-587-6224
Email: [email protected]
*If you are looking for information about the Canada Child Benefit, please contact 1-800-387-1193