To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Medical Transportation Coordinator
Traditional Healer Program
Full Time – Thompson
Under the direction of the Traditional Healer Program Manager, the employee of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) will provide travel and administration support for the Traditional Healer Program employees. As part of the contribution agreement, which is a partnership between MKO, the Province of Manitoba, and Health Canada, the Medical Transportation Coordinator works to improve and provide alternatives and initiatives on health. The coordinator will work as a liaison between the MKO Traditional Healer Program and Health Canada to assist citizens and their families who may conflict with health services to ensure that they are provided with fair, equitable, culturally relevant, and responsive care.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To work under the direction and supervision of the MKO Traditional Healer Program Manager;
- To provide advocacy, support and other information to our clients;
- To provide friendly, professional service and communication;
- To book and follow-up on all appointments for our clients;
- To assist and deal with all clients in a prompt and professional manner;
- To be fluent in Cree, Dene, Oji-Cree, or any other Indigenous language within the MKO region and provide interpretation, translation services for our clients (preferred);
- To assist by explaining the various traditional values, teachings, and beliefs of Indigenous people;
- To work closely with MKO staff and make referrals to any/all relevant resources as required and report back to the MKO Traditional Healer Program Manager;
- To have the ability to travel throughout the MKO region;
- To participate in ongoing professional development and training as provided by MKO;
- To maintain a filing system of services rendered for tracking and statistical recording purposes;
- To liaise with various MKO Chiefs, Councils and other stakeholders;
- To follow through with recommendations from Elders;
- Must have a valid Manitoba drivers’ license and a reliable vehicle;
- Must provide MKO with a satisfactory driver’s abstract;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and pay attention to detail;
- Produce a satisfactory criminal record, child abuse and vulnerable sector checks.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in an office/administrative environment with liaison and advocacy experience;
- Understanding and extensive knowledge of the Traditional Healer Program;
- Proficient computer skills including; MS Word, Excel, Internet, and Email;
- A combination of education/experience will be considered.
- A current Police Security Clearance and satisfactory Criminal Records check.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
If this sounds like the right fit for you. Please email your cover letter, resume and two references by 4:00pm on August 11, 2022 to Shawna Flett at [email protected].