Many Manitobans are experiencing heightened stress and anxiety related to COVID-19. This includes the families, children, and youth we support, as well as staff and people delivering services.
Below is a resource list on mental health supports related to COVID-19. Most services are currently being adjusted so they can be provided while still respecting physical distancing. There will be additional local community organizations and agencies who are providing supports and should also be considered.
This list can be shared broadly. We hope it can assist people connect with the supports they need.
To view list in PDF form, please click here.
COVID-19 Response – Mental Health Supports (April 20, 2020)
Most services are currently offered remotely, largely through telephone, text, and video.
Services for all Manitobans:
- Various Organizations and Programs, offering Crisis Response Services: Any Manitoban experiencing a mental health crisis should contact local crisis supports listed at this link or call 911: https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/mh/crisis.html
- Canadian Mental Health Association Service Navigation Hub, offering assessment, information and referral/navigation: Phone: 204-775-6442, or email: [email protected]
- Government of Canada offering resources and connections for mental health supports: Wellness Together Canada, which can also be accessed through Canada.ca/coronavirus and the Canada COVID-19 app
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba, offering a COVID-19 anxiety support line: 204-925-0040
Services for All Manitobans aged 16 and up:
- Sara Riel Inc. offering Seneca for mental health/ addictions resources and Employment for income stress resources: Seneca: 204-947-9276 or 204-231-0217. Employment: 204-237-9263, ext. 137.
- AbilitiCBT digital therapy program offering online program for anxiety linked to COVID-19: A new resource specifically focused on anxiety due to COVID-19. Self-referrals can be made at this link: www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/bewell/virtualtherapy.html
- Aulneau Renewal Centre offering online and phone help for COVID-19 anxiety/ stress: 204-987-7090 or complete form at www.aulneau.com
Services for Children and Youth:
- Kids Help Phone offering 24/7 counselling, information and referrals: Phone 1-800-668-6868, text “CONNECT” to 686868 (no texting fee, no data plan required), on-line information: https://kidshelpphone.ca/
- Manitoba Adolescent Treatment Centre online resource offering information on mental wellness strategies and resources: Website includes self-help strategies and information on local resources www.stresshacks.ca
- NorWest COVID QuaranTEEN support line staffed by therapists and youth workers: Monday – Saturday, 3 – 8:30pm 204-792-2277
- Strongest Families Institute offering telephone based assistance to families with children aged 3 – 17 (ADHD, ODD, anxiety). Referrals through: MATC, 204-958-9660; Southern Health/Sante Sud, 1-888-310-4593; Northern Regional Health Authority, 204-677-5358; Prairie Mountain Health, 204-734-6639; or Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority, 204-785-7752
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc.:
- Crisis Response Team offering culturally-sensitive crisis response and trauma intervention: [email protected], 1-844-927-LIFE (5433)
Other local community agencies and organizations also provide support. Below is referral material prepared by Shared Health and addictions support information.
March 24, 2020 https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/guidance-and-tools-to-support-mental-wellness.pdf
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES ACROSS THE REGIONS
WRHA and Manitoba:
- Mobile Crisis Lines: 204-940-1781
- Klinic Crisis line: 204-786-8686 or toll-free 1-877-435-7170
- Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba: http://www.mooddisordersmanitoba.ca/
- Canadian Mental Health Association of Manitoba and Winnipeg: 204-982-6100, www.mbwpg.cmha.ca
Specific COVID19 online support information: https://mbwpg.cmha.ca/covid-19-managing-stress-and-anxiety/
- Mental Health Education Resource Centre: 204-942-6568 or toll-free 1-855-942-6568, www.mherc.mb.ca
- Anxiety Disorder Association of Manitoba: 204-925-0600 or toll-free 1-800-805-8885, www.adam.mb.ca
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
- Churchill Health Centre: 204-675-8881
Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority:
- Mental Health Resources: http://www.ierha.ca/default.aspx?cid=13360&lang=1
- Crisis Line: 204-482-5419 or toll-free 1-866-427-8628
- Mobile Crisis Service: 204-482-5376 or toll free 1-877-499-8770
- Canadian Mental Health Association: Interlake-Eastern: 204-482-9723, www.interlakeeastern.cmha.ca
Northern Health Region:
- Canadian Mental Health Association-The Pas: 204-623-1028
- The Pas Crisis Services After Hours: 204-623-6431
- Opaskwayak Cree Nation Crisis Line: 204-623-0519
- Flin Flon Crisis Services After Hours: 204-687-7591
- Thompson Crisis Services After Hours: 204-677-2381
- Canadian Mental Health Association-Thompson: 204-677-6050, www.thompson.cmha.ca
Prairie Mountain Health Region:
- South Crisis Line:1-888-379-7699
- North Crisis Line: 1-866-332-3030.
- Canadian Mental Health Association-Parkland: 204-734-2734, www.parkland.cmha.ca
- Southern Health-Santé Sud Health Region: Crisis Line: 1-888-617-7715
- Canadian Mental Health Association-Central: 204-239-6590, www.central.cmha.ca
Free downloads and websites:
- CALM app
- CBT-I Coach app
- Mindfulness Coach app
- Mindshift app
- Solitaired Free Solitaire
• Manitoba Addictions Helpline: http://mbaddictionhelp.ca/, 1-855-662-6605
• Tamarack Recovery Centre – non-crisis addiction support/counselling: Set up by emailing: [email protected]
All screening for suspected cases of the virus are be referred to Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257. The most up-to-date information on COVID-19 can be found at www.manitoba.ca/covid19.