The Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Program had previously announced a call for membership for their Medical Supplies and Equipment and Vision Care Advisory Committees (MSEAC). At this time, they have begun a non-competitive (sole source) approach to fill the remaining vacant positions. For your information, please find attached the Terms of Reference for this committee.
It is very important that we have First Nation representation at these tables, so we invite you to share this opportunity with your professional networks and with First Nations health professionals broadly.
The Committee is looking to fill the following positions:
- Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner OR Physician
- Family Physician
- Public Health Physician or Nurse
- Health Economist
- Registered Midwife
- Dietitian with a specialty in feeding supplies
We are inviting any interested professionals to submit a cover letter and a curriculum vitae (CV) which describe:
- Proof of current licensing/registration, in good standing, with your regulatory body in Canada
- Years of recent clinical experience in the identified profession (minimum 5 years of experience required)
- Clinical experience working with First Nations and Inuit clients
- Experience as a member on an advisory committee or group
- Research experience (conducting and analyzing research)
Any interested candidates may email their cover letter and CV to [email protected] for processing no later than February 26th, 2021.
Please note, the Assembly of First Nations participates as an observer but does not provide any oversight to these committees.
The mandate of this (and other) expert committee is advisory in nature, and is managed by Indigenous Services Canada/First Nations and Inuit Health Branch with the intent of improving NIHB for First Nations.