To view this posting as a PDF file, please click here.
Status Identification Intake Clerk
Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Program
Thompson – Term Position
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) in partnership with Indigenous Services Canada provides services to assist Status First Nations clients in obtaining or renewing their Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) as well as assist families with filling out forms for registration of treaty status. MKO will accept and facilitate SCIS applications and registrations from First Nations clients wishing to obtain or renew their SCIS or those who need to apply for treaty status.
The Status Card Intake Clerk will assist applicants applying for status cards or registration of treaty status in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Verify applicant’s identification is updated and have picture ID to complete forms to process and issue Certificates of Indian status in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in reviewing applications for Secure Status Card
- Assist with reviewing applications for registration of treaty status
- Assist with ordering birth certificates for person(s) who would like to apply for treaty status
- Assist with obtaining other forms of Identification for clientele
- Take the requisite picture and endorse with stamp
- Ensure identification is valid, photocopied and stamped
- Ensure all applications are secured and confidential
- Complete applications and submit for processing
- Send out application via registered mail
- Answer calls and emails to questions regarding identification and processes
- Answer calls and emails regarding treaty status registration processes
- Interact positively and respectfully with all applicants
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education is an asset
- Cree or Dene as a second Language preferred
- Knowledge of Indigenous Services Canada
- Knowledge of Issues regarding Identification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to conflicting priorities
Salary is dependant upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references by 4:00 PM on December 6, 2022 to Shawna Flett at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.