To view this employment opportunity in a PDF format, please click here.
Status Identification Intake Clerk
Secure Certificate of Indian Status Processing
Thompson Sub-Office – Term position with the possibility of extension
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) in partnership with Indigenous Services Canada will be providing services to assist Status First Nations clients in obtaining or renewing their Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS).
MKO will accept and facilitate Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) applications from First Nations clients wishing to obtain or renew their SCIS.
The Status Card Processor will assist applicants applying for status cards for registered members in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Verify applicant’s identification is updated and have picture ID to complete forms to process and issue Certificates of Indian status in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing the application for completion
- Take the requisite picture and endorse one with stamp
- Ensure identification is photocopied and verified
- Complete applications and submit for processing
Experience and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Education is an asset
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to conflicting priorities
- Interact positively with all applicants
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume and two references by 4:30pm on January 27, 2021 to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (204) 778-7655
Mail: 206-55 Selkirk Avenue, Thompson, MB R8N 0N8
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.