To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Full time – Winnipeg
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated, and punctual individual to assume the responsibilities of Receptionist/Administrative Assistant for the MKO Winnipeg sub-office and will report directly to the Executive Assistant.
As the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for visitors;
- Organize boardroom bookings and arrange meetings on Microsoft Team, Zoom and LifeSize;
- Keep track of staff attendance in TimeClick;
- Order office supplies and equipment as needed;
- Assist staff and visitors with printing, photocopying, and faxing;
- Receive and distribute incoming and outgoing mail;
- Answer the main phone line and assist or forward callers;
- Provide and assist staff with electronic forms;
- Update and distribute staff listing;
- Take notes in meetings as requested;
- Assist the IT team as needed;
- Assist with other MKO programs as needed;
- Scan and add to the MKO electronic archives;
- Other administrative duties as assigned: travel claims, bank deposits, etc.
To this position, you bring:
- Punctual to greet staff and visitors;
- Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks;
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to set and priorities;
- Experience in administration or customer service;
- Ability to adapt to a changing routine;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Internet, and E-mail;
- Experience using Apple and Windows technology;
- Experience with Smartboards;
- Willingness to learn different computer programs and procedures;
- Proof of double vaccination required;
- Ability to lift 20-40 pounds;
- Provide a Criminal Record Check, including Child Abuse Screening;
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues relevant to Indigenous communities.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references by
4:00 PM on September 16, 2022 to Shawna Flett at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.