The province has opened another selection process for membership to the Youth Advisory Council on climate.
Council members will:
- Be Manitoba residents;
- Ideally be between 15 and 25 years of age as of December 1, 2020;
- Represent the diversity of Manitoba and Manitobans;
- Be knowledgeable of issues related to the Climate and Green Plan;
- Demonstrate a proven engagement and interest in environmental issues and/or civil society issues;
- Engage in respectful, open discussion, and be accepting of differing viewpoints;
- Not be employed by the Manitoba government;
- Be willing to serve for a one-year term.
The Youth Advisory Council reports to the independent Expert Advisory Council, which makes recommendations to the minister of conservation and climate on all aspects of the Made-in-Manitoba Climate and Green Plan including its climate, jobs, water and nature pillars.
The deadline to apply to be part of the Council is October 30, 2020, at midnight.
For more information on the Youth Advisory Council and the Made-in-Manitoba Climate and Green Plan, or to apply, visit: https://www.gov.mb.ca/climateandgreenplan/yac.html