2 Full-Time Positions – Thompson, Manitoba
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a self-starting, highly motivated, experienced individual to provide program coordination of our ISET programming, working with the 13 sub agreement holders in delivery of programming and services. Under the direction of the ISET Program Manager, the incumbent will work in an environment focused on the design and delivery of ISET programs and services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with community ISET staff and their leadership;
- Provide guidance and support to the SAH communities in the development of their Annual Operational Plan (AOP), cashflow projections and budgets, activity and financial reporting, eligible expenses, and project development;
- Provide opportunities for information sharing, partnership and training opportunities;
- Identify training/capacity building opportunities for the SAH ISET staff and deliver in partnership with the communities. (Database management, client services, processes, procedures, labour market information, strategic planning, proposal writing, etc.);
- Provide support and direction to assist in the effective delivery of labour market training programs in the SAH communities;
- Provide feedback to the communities on a regular basis, updating the status of their compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the ISETS Agreement;
- Complete internal monitoring and reporting forms and provide feedback to the team and community upon completion of the community assessments;
- Review and summarize SAH quarterly reports including financial and activity reports, provide roll up of same to assist in completing of the mid-year and year end reports to Service Canada;
- Assist in the reviewing, approving and tracking of community advances and expenses;
- Assists in preparing financial reports (quarterly roll up for all SAH communities);
- Identify/provides guidance for applications for funding, proposals and grants as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Candidates must have a post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in the Business Administration field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Reliable and dependable in performing job-related tasks;
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to set priorities;
- Ability to adapt to a changing routine;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Internet, and E-mail;
- Experience using Apple and Windows technology;
- Proof of double vaccination required;
- Provide a current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check, including Child Abuse Screening;
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language, and issues relevant to Indigenous communities.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and two (2) references by
4:00 PM on May 10, 2023 to:
Shawna Flett at [email protected]
We thank all applicants but only those considered for further review will be contacted.
Incorporated in 1981 as the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO) is a non-profit political advocacy organizations that provides a collective voice on issues of inherent, Treaty, Indigenous and human rights for citizens of the 26 sovereign First Nations we represent. The MKO First Nations are signatory to Treaties 4, 5, 6 and 10.