To view this job posting in a PDF format, please click here.
Minoayawin Keewatinowi Askik Project
Winnipeg or Thompson Office – April 2022 to March 31, 2024
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of project assistant to work on a project called “Minoayawin Keewatinowi Askik: Engaging Northern First Nations in Manitoba to increase uptake of COVID-19 vaccines.”
The project assistant reports to the project manager. The assistant is an integral project member who will support the implementation of community engagement and research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate/oversee logistics for community engagement sessions
- Organize materials and supplies for community engagement sessions
- Monitor project workplan, ensure milestones/timelines are being followed
- Coordinate, compile, and prepare reports for submission
- Research duties to assist in developing environmental scan
- Draft, edit, format, and send correspondence
- Develop materials for engagement sessions, such as posters, website, information sheets, etc.
- Provide Zoom and related technical support: Acting as a “Zoom driver” for community engagement sessions, booking Zoom sessions for events/meetings, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners
- Travel to First Nations in Northern Manitoba, must be willing to travel via road, plane, boat
- Work closely with project manager and others to achieve project objectives
- Assist with evaluation of project
- Other duties to be determined
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a project assistant or administrative role
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information and pay strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- An understanding of the Cree or Dene language is an asset
- Knowledge of the unique issues related to Northern First Nations
- Proof of double COVID-19 vaccination
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of graphic and/or web design, video production, photography, and/or using Zoom as a meeting platform are assets
- Passion for and knowledge about vaccine uptake and health promotion in First Nations is an asset
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter, resume by 4:00pm on April 13, 2022, to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (204) 778-7655
Mail: 206-55 Selkirk Avenue
Thompson, MB R8N 0M5
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted for further review.