To view this media release in a PDF format, please click here.
Food Bank Intake and Food Packaging Worker
MKO Food Bank
Full Time Position – Thompson, Manitoba
Under the direction of the Food Bank Supervisor, the MKO Food Bank Intake & Food Packaging Worker is required to meet the performance requirements to ensure that the MKO Food Bank operations are always met. All work will be carried out in a manner consistent with MKO’s policy and Indigenous culture and values.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists with applications for food hampers, picking up food and supplies, stores it, assembles, and distributes it to person(s) through the MKO’s Food Bank.
- Embraces the MKO Food Bank core value to serve those in need with kindness and compassion.
- Assembles food hampers following a check list.
- Responsible for the proper storage of food products in a safe and secure manner consistence with health regulations.
- Stock shelves, rotates food products, and maintains product inventory.
- Receives and counts stock items, and records data manually or using computer.
- Maintains the MKO’s Food Bank facility in a manner consistent with licensing requirements of the Health Department.
- May assist with volunteer groups as designated.
- Be a positive role model by maintaining the highest level of professional and ethical behavior throughout your interactions with both internal and external customers.
- Attends work regularly per assigned work schedule and in accordance with MKO policy.
- Attends and participates with in-service training, staff meetings and other activities to facilitate professional development.
- Works cooperatively with others including all staff, supervisors, administrators, co-workers, community professionals, clients, vendors, and the public.
- Follows instructions and abides by MKO Food Bank policies and procedures.
- Assumes other duties, responsibilities and special projects as needed.
- Implement food safety policies and procedures as enforced by Food, Nutrition Canada-Government of Canada.
Education and Experience
- Able to work as a collaborative team member in delivering customer service.
- Certified in food handling safety standards desired (will provide training if needed).
- This position requires walking, standing, sitting, and lifting boxes up to 40 lbs., and the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Service-oriented with a passion for helping with people orientated projects.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, with an emphasis on active listening.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word & Excel.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to build strong relationships and gain trust with urban members & staff.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability in work in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to communicate on the telephone.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry.
Salary is dependant upon qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) references by 4:00 PM on March 21, 2023 to Shawna Flett at [email protected].
We thank all applicants, only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.