The Centre for Indigenous Statistics and Partnerships’ Indigenous Statistical Capacity Development Initiative enables Indigenous organizations and communities to develop and sustain their own statistical capacity by providing training on various topics as they relate to statistics.
The following courses will be instructor-led online sessions:
- Preparing Funding Proposals: 2-day session on January 26 & 27, 2022
- Navigating the Statistics Canada Website:
- Session 1 – January 31, 2022
- Session 2 – February 28, 2022
- Introduction to Statistics: 2-day session on February 8 & 9, 2022
If you would like to take part in any of these workshops, please email: [email protected]
The training has no cost and is open to anyone interested. The targeted audience is Indigenous communities and organizations.
If any of the dates do not work, the Centre for Indigenous Statistics and Partnerships can work with a community or organization to set up a new date to deliver the training directly to you.
The Centre is offering five courses:
- Navigating the Statistics Canada Website
- Introduction to Statistics
- Preparing Funding Proposals
- Surveys from Start to Finish
- Introduction to Excel
If you have further questions or would like to set up a new date with community members, please contact:
Raymond Watkins, Indigenous Liaison Advisor – Centre for Indigenous Statistics and Partnerships, Social, Health and Labour Statistics Field
Statistics Canada, Government of Canada
Email: [email protected]