Full-time position – Thompson or Winnipeg, Manitoba
Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc. (MKO) is seeking a highly analytical and qualified Finance Officer to join our team. Under the supervision of the ISET Program Director, your duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits, monitoring transactions, and preparing invoices.
The incumbent will assist in preparing for audits, processing invoices, and budget preparations. Our ideal candidate demonstrates interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
Roles and responsibilities
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions;
- Prepare balance sheets;
- Process invoices;
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Update internal systems with financial data;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Reconcile bank statements;
- Participate in financial audits;
- Track bank deposits and payments;
- Assist with budget preparation;
- Review and implement financial policies;
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes;
- Contribute to financial audits;
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments;
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems;
- Prepare balance sheets and invoices.
Education and experience
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures;
- Experience and working knowledge using financial software, specifically Sage 300;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Knowledge of financial regulations;
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data;
- Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- Previous experience working with ISET funding is an asset;
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and two references by 4:00 PM on September 1, 2022, to Shawna Flett at: [email protected]
We thank all applicants. Only those applicants considered for further review will be contacted.