Manitoba Hydro offers various scholarships, awards and bursaries to students in high school and post-secondary institutions. Applications are currently being accepted for the following awards. Indigenous students in grades 10 – 12 are eligible.
Northern Student Awards
The Northern Student Award of $300 will be awarded to 3 Indigenous students.
- Student must be in junior or senior high school, and living north of the 53rd parallel.
- Academic performance, personal achievements, and other accomplishments are considered.
The Physics Award of $200 will be awarded to 1 Indigenous student.
- Student must be from Fox Lake, Nelson House, Split Lake, War Lake, or York Factory communities.
- Student must be enrolled in Physics 30S or 40S.
- Academic performance, community involvement, and career interests are considered.
The Trio Award will be awarded to 3 Indigenous students.
- Student must have academic performance or demonstrated improvement (by grade) in the completion of Mathematics (Applied or Pre-calculus), English, and required level of Science:
- $200 award for Grade 10 (20S Math, English, and 20F Science);
- $300 award for Grade 11 (30S Math, English, and Physics);
- $500 award for Grade 12 (40S Math, English, and Physics).
To apply for these awards:
- Fill out the application form for the award:
- Northern Student Award application form
- Physics Award application form
- Trio Award application form
- With all application forms, you must include the following:
- Cover letter outlining your educational goals, community involvement, and school involvement
- High School transcript
- Proof of Indigenous ancestry (copy of your Status, Metis Membership, or Nunavut Certificate card)
The application deadline for these awards is July 15, 2022.
The applications for these awards can be submitted:
- Via Email: [email protected]; or
- Via Fax: 204-360-6120; or
- Via Mail to:
- Manitoba Hydro
Recruitment & Diversity
Attn: Employment Strategy Coordinator
360 Portage Avenue (10)
Winnipeg MB R3C 0G8
- Manitoba Hydro
To be considered, students must include all required documentation listed on the application.