The Manitoba Government is now accepting applications for the Youth Advisory Council on Climate. The council will be made up of up to 10 youth that are 15-29 years of age.
Members of the Youth Advisory Council commit to a 1-year term on the council, meeting approximately 6-8 times per year in a combination of virtual and in-person meetings.
The council reports to the minister’s Expert Advisory Council on the Climate and Green Plan. The Expert Advisory Council provides advice and recommendations to the minister on implementing the climate and green plan.
To be eligible you must:
- be between 15 and 29 years of age on Jan. 1, 2023;
- represent the diversity of Manitoba;
- be knowledgeable about issues related to the Made-in-Manitoba Climate and Green Plan;
- demonstrate a proven interest in environmental issues and community engagement;
- be able to engage in respectful, open discussion and be tolerant of conflicting viewpoints; and
- not be employed by the Manitoba government.
- Fill out the Application Form
- If under 18, have your parent or guardian fill out the Consent Form
- Prepare a Resume/CV that is 2 pages or less
- Save all above documents in a PDF format
- Email all documents to [email protected]
The deadline to apply is November 30, 2022.